The CEC is more than a competition; it’s an opportunity to build on your dream. Through the program you will gain business skills, write your business plan, get feedback on your ideas from regional professionals, network with key people including other entrepreneurs like yourself and have a chance at winning cash and prizes!
The Chinook Entrepreneur Challenge is a business plan writing competition designed and targeted toward new or existing business (individuals or teams) who have a sustainable and high-growth business idea. Due to the amazing support from our sponsors, we are able to offer both a general and technology stream.Register now for the CEC
The Skills You’ll Gain:
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Plan Writing
- Presenting Ideas
- Putting Ideas into Action
(2) Grand Prizes
$10,000 cash + more in kind prizes
(4) Runner-Up Prizes
$2,500 cash + more in kind prizes
Training Dates 2017
All sessions will be held at the University of Lethbridge. They are also available online. All sessions are Wednesdays from 6:30-9:00 P.M.
- Jan. 11 – Session 1: Where to Start?
- Jan. 18 – Session 2: Business Model Canvas / Ownership
- Jan 25. – Session 3: Market Feasibility and Location Planning
- Feb. 1 – Session 4: Market Research and Human Resources
- Feb. 8 – Session 5: SWOT / Marketing Plan
- Feb. 15 – Session 6: Risk Management and Financials
- Feb. 22 – Session 7: Cash Flow and Funding
- March 1 – Session 8: Putting it All Together
subject to change due to speaker availability
Register now for the CEC